2013

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve + a great start to 2013.
Apparently Andy Cohen lied to us about the WWHL marathon!
jerk. 
so instead, I watched about 4 hours of WWHL clips on my iPad in bed. Then I watched about 2 hours of Billy on the Street and laughed obnoxiously some more.  I decided the first day of the year should be spent doing nothing.  Breakfast and Lunch were both served in bed, and didn't move until we transitioned to the couch for dinner last night at about 6. It was the best day I could remember in a long time, because clearly I am disgusting and lazy. 

For NYE, we went to a friend's place to celebrate and had a great time. 



I'll share the recipes for the food I made on Friday!

I feel like I make the same resolutions every year, and some I keep and some I don't.  This year I think I probably kept the most I ever have.  I've definitely found a healthy eating routine and consistently work out each week.  Once I realized that it somehow became something I needed for my sanity, I rarely skip a workout.  Plus, it's when I watch all of my DVR'd shows, and we all know I would never miss an episode of anything.  But the resolution that suprised me the most that I was able to keep was reading.  Every year I say I am going to read 12 books, and surprisingly this year I read over 20.  {This may have something to do with my newfound love for books on tape so that I don't kill myself or someone else during my daily commute.} 

Favorite of the year: the book I just read on the beach - Gone Girl.  It completely lives up to all of the hype and talk. AMAZING. I couldn't put it down and was shocked at how hilarious I thought it could be too, since I had no idea that could be woven into such an intense storyline.  Her writing was unlike anything I have ever read - I will be reading her other books immediately! 

Some goals for 2013: 

~ Become more organized: I will do a big clean, get all set, and then days later I feel like everything is completely a mess again 
~ Be more productive: I am incredible at procrastinating, aka being lazy, if my recap of New Years Day didn't completely show that. 
~ Make more time for friends: the next 6 months are going to be really busy as the last year was, but I am hoping to juggle everything better to have more time with the people I love
~ Let it Go: I stress myself out over anything and everything.  The tiniest things will effect my mood, and I am an extremely stubborn person.  I need to learn to be patient.  I need to RELAX!
Most things in life aren't worth getting upset over.  I think I grew a lot in the last year with realizing this, but it's still something I struggle with. 
~ Be Happy and Thankful. 
Let's be honest, I'll probably fail miserably at all of these.
But that's okay, because the most exciting thing about a new year: 
New planners!
 So pathetic, but it makes me so happy. 

I know I've been a crappy blogger.  I'll work on that I promise (or maybe I won't.... the procrastinating thing is hard to kick....) 

how were your NYE's?! 
xoxo

You have read this article with the title 2013. You can bookmark this page URL http://instinctsofperversion.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...