Sweet as Pie

Sweet as Pie is a phrase I tend to use often.
I think it's one of the highest compliments you can give someone.
{for people... crack, as you know, is the highest compliment for food}. 
"She/He is sweet as pie."  
and I've been seeing lots of pie's popping up in my never ending Pinterest insomnia night's in bed. 
like this guy:
  
I've been on a bit of a peanut butter kick lately.
I just can't get enough of it.
I've been starting the day with peanut butter toast and ending with an apple with peanut butter.

I wanted to make a peanut butter dessert, but I didn't want to make something too heavy and unhealthy.  The Martha Stewart Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie looked incredible.
.........
Until I found another recipe, 
with my other favorite ingredient in the world: 
Greek Yogurt. 
Yes. Please. 

No more butter, sugar, cream cheese or heavy cream.  
And only 3 ingredients! It took minutes to prepare.
Oreo crust, Greek Yogurt, Peanut Butter.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
  • 32 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt (I’m partial to Chobani)
  • 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter*
  • *I used reduced fat Peanut Butter too
  • 9-inch crust of your choice (Oreo, graham cracker, etc.)
In a large mixing bowl, stir the yogurt and peanut butter with a wire whisk until blended.  Spread into the prepared pie shell.  Chill the pie overnight (the pie will be thicker the longer it is chilled).  Serve with chopped peanut butter cups or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition stats per slice (1/10 of pie): 270 calories, 14g fat (3g sat), 22g carbohydrate (14 g sugar, 2g fiber), 14g protein
after sitting in the fridge overnight, 
I melted some chocolate to drizzle over the top, 
and crushed some Reese's peanut butter chips rather than full Reese's cups to help with the calories as well. 
delicious! 
I'm sure the Martha version is incredible, but you can eat a whole lot more of this guy without any of the guilt!  
and self control is still something I need some work on...
xoxo


You have read this article with the title Sweet as Pie. You can bookmark this page URL http://instinctsofperversion.blogspot.com/2013/01/sweet-as-pie.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...