Hoarding: an Olympic Sport?

via pinterest

I am very, very excited for the Olympics to start tonight.  I don't know why, but something about the Summer Olympics get me all kinds of crazy. 
Especially when cuties like this are in teeny-tiny bathing suits

I hope he kicks Phelps ass.....

Anyways.... while the Opening Ceremonies are DVR'ing, I will be in a U-Haul preparing for a roommate of the male species to invade my pretty, single-lady apartment.  
I decided that to prepare for this, I should go through every drawer and every inch of my closet to "clean things out" and make more space for the two of us.  I am generously giving the master closet to him, and said I would keep my clothes in the guest room.
{this actually isn't that generous... I feel that no man understands getting dressed on a Friday night with 15 dresses thrown all over the room, and keeping him as far away from it as possible is fine with me}

As of yesterday afternoon, this is where "cleaning" the guest room had gotten me. 
seriously, this was after 2 hours of getting rid of things.
I'm in my own personal hell.  
And I am officially a hoarder.

After filling up 6 bags for goodwill, and 3 bags for friends, I feel like I haven't even put a dent in it.  I realized that I couldn't bear to part with clothing I haven't worn since 2002 and will most likely never wear again.
A shirt I havent worn in 10 years?
Old T-shirts from frat parties?
My 6 pairs of cheerleading sweatpants from high school?
My favorite pair of jeans that would never fit me ever again, 
even if I was put on a feeding tube for 6 months?
No!!! I couldn't possibly!!!! I need these things shoved under the bed in storage bins at all times!!! 
What is wrong with me?? 

I ended up chugging wine with girlfriends last night to forget about it for a few hours, and came home to this note at the top of the stairs. 
I suppose throwing out half my crap and coming to terms with my hoarding will be worth it.

and now I'm at this point



off to pick up a U-Haul and continue the process..... 
via pinterest
and then drink copious amounts of alcohol on the porch. 
{and pretend I am not a hoarder.}

Happy Weekend :) 

xoxo


You have read this article with the title Hoarding: an Olympic Sport?. You can bookmark this page URL http://instinctsofperversion.blogspot.com/2012/07/hoarding-olympic-sport.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...