Crack Cake.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

For our celebration last Saturday, I made two delicious green cakes for our party. I am no Ina Garten... but I could fool anyone (and have) into thinking I am a great baker with this cake. This is my number one easy dessert and I have made it dozens of times.  It is so moist, so sugary, so unbelievably delicious and I am so so happy I found it months ago on the wonderful blog Madaket Market - she has some amazing recipes and entertaining tips!

I seriously don't even like cake that much - but this cake has made me change my mind! It has gotten the name "crack cake" by my friends, but MacKenzie calls it Mama Trish's Wine Cake (it has white wine in the cake & the glaze - what's not to love?).

Crack Cake via Madaket Market 
  her pretty photo.

1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 box vanilla pudding instant mix
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 eggs
3/4 c water
3/4 c oil
1/2 c white wine (really any kind)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the above ingredients by hand or hand mixer.
normal cake batter.... 
st. patty's day cake batter!

Grease a bundt pan.
Pour into pan.
"st. patrick's day boobies" as they were affectionately called..

Bake for one hour.

When cake comes out of the oven...

Melt 1 stick butter into 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup wine.
Pour over hot cake.
Cool.
Flip out of pan onto plate and serve.

I know it looks like an ugly hunk of green... but trust me. it is bomb diggity. 


As Ina would say, "How easy is that??".  

xoxo
You have read this article with the title Crack Cake.. You can bookmark this page URL http://instinctsofperversion.blogspot.com/2011/03/crack-cake.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...