Greek Tortellini Salad

For the BBQ we hosted on Friday I wanted to try a new recipe.
Pasta Salad is one of my favorite summer side dishes,
and when I saw this Greek Tortellini Salad on Pinterest I knew I had to make it.
I'm 99% positive I found this through Natalie's Pinterest Board....basically every recipe she pins is immediately repinned to my recipe board.
sadly one of my better food photos 
It was SO EASY and so delicious.  I'd add a little bit more feta than the recipe calls for, and I didn't use quite as many olives because I toss 'em to the side most of the time anyways. 
It made enough for all 8 of us to eat! 
I served it in a trifle so it was pretty to display as well. 

Greek Tortellini Salad


ingredients:

1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 large cucumber, chopped
1 cup kalamata olives, pit removed and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

For the Dressing:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste

directions:

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
2. Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until salad is well coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator.
Note-this salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. 
Enjoy!! 
xoxo
You have read this article recipe with the title Greek Tortellini Salad . You can bookmark this page URL http://instinctsofperversion.blogspot.com/2013/06/greek-tortellini-salad.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...