Perfect Party Side: Mexican Layered Salad

I flew home to GA to visit my mom and family for her 60th birthday party a few weeks ago....
loved the pic of nance pants as a lil one...

It was a great party with tons of scrumptious food, but one of the side dishes was SO DELICIOUS.  Turns out, it is from our old neighborhood cookbook and my moms friends make it all the time for parties... I don't know how I didn't remember having it as a kid.


It has so many different flavors and is great for a large group - I made it for our girls dinner on Saturday and realized that it probably can feed 15 easily..... but most importantly - LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS?!!? !! I was so damn proud of myself for creating such a beauty I couldn't stand it :) 

Mexican Layered Salad

1 package hidden valley ranch mix
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper chopped
1/2 cup green onion chopped
2 cans red kidney beans drained
10 strips bacon, fried
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
2 (17 oz) cans corn, drained
1 Box jiffy cornbread mix
   *note: I'm thinking next time I'll make a little extra cornbread... I love it and wanted more than 2 thin layers
4 oz chopped green chilis

Make the cornbread adding the green chilis, cool and crumble
In a 3 quart container ( a clear bowl or trifle works great) layer
half of the cornbread.
Mix together the ranch mix, mayo and sour cream. Set aside.
Mix the tomatoes, green onion, and green pepper. Set aside.

Layer 1/2 beans, tomato mixture, bacon, cheese, corn, and dressing on
top of the cornbread.
Repeat with remaining cornbread and other ingredients.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

 

Grab yourself a giant serving spoon to get all those layers, 
and let the grubbin begin! 

xoxo
You have read this article with the title Perfect Party Side: Mexican Layered Salad. You can bookmark this page URL http://instinctsofperversion.blogspot.com/2011/04/perfect-party-side-mexican-layered-salad.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...